Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lawrence Krauss and the Casimir effect II

A couple of days ago, I wrote about Lawrence Krauss's article in Physics World. At that time, the article referred to

...the Casimir force that pushes apart metal plates brought very close together.

I pointed out in my post that the effects typically referred to as the Casimir effect, are examples of an attractive force between a pair of parallel plates. I now note with amusement that the text of the on-line version has been changed to read:

..the Casimir force that draws together metal plates brought very close to one another.

I'm impressed! However, the original version is preserved for posterity in the printed copy of Physics World.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been happy to say it was due to your blog that it was corrected back to the original form of my piece, but I found out about it
by going to the physics world web site and reading the piece...

LMK

Gordon McCabe said...

Now I'm doubly-impressed, Lawrence!